qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] Patch Round-up for stable 2.1.1, freeze o

From: Andrey Korolyov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] Patch Round-up for stable 2.1.1, freeze on 2014-09-03
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 01:29:29 +0400

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 1:03 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> bad one is the
>>
>> Author: Jason Wang <address@hidden>
>> Date:   Tue Sep 2 18:07:46 2014 +0300
>>
>>     vhost_net: start/stop guest notifiers properly
>

> upstream has this (pull request sent today):
> vhost_net: cleanup start/stop condition
>
> Could you apply it and see if it helps please?
>
> Michael, if it helps it should be before start/stop guest notifiers
> ideally to avoid bisect problems.

It is already applied as shown from the list in the previous message
(there are some aio fixes too on top of 2.1 I picked before but they
should not impact vhost-net interaction in any mean). The symptoms are
a bit interesting - VM crashes only at PCI device initalization (e.g.
grub stage after reset and initrd unpacking are passing well, but then
things getting ugly). I am running 3.14 guest i686-pae kernel from
debian backports in guest, so it may be version-specific after all. If
it`ll be hard to reproduce, I can try 64bit, expecting same behavior.
Please find args in attached file.