qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Audio stream handling in QEMU device model

From: Harry Cruise
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Audio stream handling in QEMU device model
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 00:22:21 -0700

Hello,

I am trying to comprehend QEMU AUDIO backend functionality and need to implementing device which has few audio channels from which it receives audio streams (sampled at some specific frequency), and further process that data stream like mixing two stream.

I am new for the QEMU, Please help me in following queries:

1) Please suggest some document and example/device implement which has use qemu audio backend.

2) To implement audio stream read/write functionality, can anyone please suggest pseudocode for the implementation in which audio stream data (samples at some specific frequency ) is stored into some device buffers.

3) What steps I need to add into device to setup audio support as per the requirement I mentioned above ?

4) what is the basic working flow of audio backend and accessing audio streams using dma ?