qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] tcmu-runner and QEMU

From: Andy Grover
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] tcmu-runner and QEMU
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 08:15:39 -0700

On 09/04/2014 06:24 AM, Benoît Canet wrote:
There are other commands for snapshots and backup which are issued via
QMP.

It might even make sense to make the tcmu interface available at
run-time in QEMU like the run-time NBD server.  This allows you to get
at read-only point-in-time snapshots while the guest is accessing the
disk.  See the nbd-server-start command in qapi/block.json.

Stefan

Andy: ping

I hope we didn't scaried you with our monster block backend and it's
associated QMP socket ;)

Hi Benoît,

No, I've gone off to work on a initial proof-of-concept implementation of a qemu-lio-tcmu.so module, hopefully it'll be ready to look at shortly and then we can shoot arrows at it. :)

But in the meantime, do you have a use case or user story for the QMP support that might help me understand better how it might all fit together?

Regards -- Andy