qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] latest rc: virtio-blk hangs forever after migration

From: Andrey Korolyov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] latest rc: virtio-blk hangs forever after migration
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 23:13:29 +0400

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 10:54 PM, Marcelo Tosatti <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 03:54:01PM -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

>> > It is attached to the message which has a highest quoting order above
>> > 1), basically it is a monkey adaptation of newer ioapic patches for
>> > 3.10. RH kernel includes them, so Centos7/RH7 users should not observe
>> > reported problem.
>> >
>> > [1] https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg252526.html
>> >
>> > Using the opportunity - what are plans, if there are any, to revive
>> > agraf`s patch which was the reason of an initial issue in this thread?
>> > The Windows issue is most probably unrelated to it and I`d be happy to
>> > check patch proposals because there are a lot of suffering with VMs
>> > with large uptime and live migration when negative time shift appears.
>>
>> I'll try to confirm via Marcin's testcase (vfio+VM migration on Linux
>> guests),
>> that the proposed patch is fixing the issue.
>>
>> Getting a BSOD on Win2008-R2-x64 while trying to install virtio-win
>> driver (viostor related BSOD).
>
> What version of virtio-win are you using?

Bug appears on both 0.1.76 and 0.1.81 (and probably it is at least
specific to virtio, if not to more generic nature). BSOD sounds
strange for me, are you using virtio drivers at the install stage or
you trying to change the disk model after installation? I`ve never
went second way, so can`t tell if BSOD is here or not.