qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qcow2, lazy_refcounts and killing qemu

From: Max Reitz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qcow2, lazy_refcounts and killing qemu
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 20:29:22 +0200

On 08.09.2014 09:16, Markus Armbruster wrote:
"Richard W.M. Jones" <address@hidden> writes:

On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 04:39:51PM +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
Did you try older QEMU versions?  I'm curious if this is something that
crept in later or is fundamentally broken in lazy_refcounts=on.
At your prompting, I've done a bit more investigation.

I was basing my observations on qemu 2.1.0.  However I tried my test
against qemu from git today and the bug has gone.  Good!

For my entertainment, I bisected the problem, and the commit which
*fixes* it is:

   commit 91af7014125895cc74141be6b60f3a3e882ed743