qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] the userspace process vapp mmap filed // [PULL 13/37] v

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] the userspace process vapp mmap filed // [PULL 13/37] vhost-user: fix regions provied with VHOST_USER_SET_MEM_TABLE message
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 23:40:51 +0300

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 08:54:08PM +0300, Nikolay Nikolaev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Vapp is a VOSYS application, currently not meant to be part of QEMU;
> as such your proposed patch might not be meaningful if pushed towards
> QEMU devel list.
> As the current Vapp implementation is not updated
> since last March, custom support and any related potential design need
> for a software switch implementation can be discussed at a custom
> commercial level.
>
> regards,
> Nikolay Nikolaev
> Virtual Open Systems

I'm not familiar enough with the software itself to comment on the
patch.
But I don't think yours is a valid answer, and I was the one who asked
that the question is sent to the list.
I merged the vhost-user protocol so we can support multiple backends.
Someone wants to work on another backend, more power to them,
Way I read it the question is whether there's a bug in vhost in qemu,
and how to use vhost-user, and this seems relevant on our list.

--
MST