qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OVMF, Q35 and USB keyboard/mouse

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OVMF, Q35 and USB keyboard/mouse
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 08:46:19 +0200

 Hi,

> With OVMF, I have EHCI with the high-speed (and working)
> keyboard+mouse, but ONLY ONE UHCI device (UHCI3). UHCI1 UHCI2 do not
> get detected.

Now *that* is really strange, especially as UHCI1 is pci function 0,
without probing that successfully you wouldn't see the other pci
functions (1+2+7 for uhci2+uhci3+ehci) in the same slot in the first
place.

> Obviously, since QEMU was routing the slow keyboard+mouse to UHCI1,
> which for some reason gets masked when OVMF is used, things weren't
> working.

Try '-device usb-mouse,port=5 -device usb-kbd,port=6'.  That links mouse
+kbd to the ports which are routed to uhci3.  Which of course also only
papers over the root cause.  But should do as workaround for the time
being and is also a useful data point.

cheers,
  Gerd