qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OVMF, Q35 and USB keyboard/mouse

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OVMF, Q35 and USB keyboard/mouse
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 20:26:01 +0200

Il 12/09/2014 20:18, Gabriel L. Somlo ha scritto:
>> > Now *that* is really strange, especially as UHCI1 is pci function 0,
>> > without probing that successfully you wouldn't see the other pci
>> > functions (1+2+7 for uhci2+uhci3+ehci) in the same slot in the first
>> > place.
> I've only ever skimmed through the PCI spec at high speed, and have no
> real clue about USB, but one thing I noticed is that by default, the
> q35 uhci1-3 and ehci1 devices all share the same pci device (1d).
>
> If I explicitly create "-device ich9-usb-ehci1" and
> "-device ich9-usb-ehci1" via the command line, they each get their own
> distinct PCI device number, and hanging mice and keyboards off of them
> works in that case.
>
> Feel free to ignore me because I'm likely wrong, but any chance there
> might be some bug related to how all these share a pci device number in
> the default setup ?

So it could be an OVMF bug related to multifunction devices.

Well, you could try moving devices around in different functions.
You could try moving ehci1 to 0 and the UHCIs to 1/2/7.

Or drop uhci2/uhci3 and move the two remaining devices around.  Once you
have three combinations that work (e.g. 0/4, 0/6, 0/7) you could use it
to add three UHCI controllers (in the above examples, it would be 0/1/2/7).

Remember that one of the two must be xx.0, the other can be anything
from xx.1 to xx.7.

Paolo