qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Data classification in Qemu

From: Wu Libin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Data classification in Qemu
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 23:03:04 +0800

Yeah, i know dm-cache, it’s in the layer of block.

Maybe my description is not clear enough.Just because i see a patch, it will
set flags which can classify IO size in bio->bi_flags, and in the function
sd_prep_fn, it will set the SCSI command depends on the bio->bi_flags, like:
SCpnt->cmnd[6] = DSS_BIO_CLASS(SCpnt->request->bio);

And i see the data classification function will be enabled when the device
model is “QEMU”, so i guess the QEMU must can recognise the SCSI command.
That’s why i will search the data classification about the QEMU.

It’s true QEMU not care about the filesystem, but we have flags, right, -:).