qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] linux-user: enabling binfmt P flag

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] linux-user: enabling binfmt P flag
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:12:49 -0700

On 17 September 2014 08:34, Joakim Tjernlund
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Did this go anywhere ? Is there a solution in sight?

I was hoping for more distro input, but absent that:

Does anybody care to try to float the idea of an API
extension to the binfmt stuff to pass us the argv0
out-of-band (eg via an elf auxv vector entry if some
new binfmt flag is passed)? That would I think be the
best approach, though obviously it's a kernel change.

Failing that I'm not sure we can change upstream
QEMU's behaviour because it will just break too
much to do that. This sucks but the kernel as it
stands just gives us no manoeuvering room :-(

thanks
-- PMM