qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [question] virtio-net-device and multi-queue option

From: Eric Auger
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [question] virtio-net-device and multi-queue option
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 02:10:56 +0200

Hi,

I am currently doing some benchmarks using virtio-net-device using
virtio-mmio (non PCI) with qemu_system_arm with KVM. Purpose is to
compare with device passthrough performance.

I heard about the availability of a multi-queue option that greatly
improves the performance but I currently fail in enabling it.

Please could someone explain me how to turn that feature on? My current
virtio-net options simply are:

        -netdev tap,id=tap0,ifname="tap0" \
        -device virtio-net-device,netdev=tap0

Also are there any "easy" tunings I can play with to try to reach the
best performance.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Eric