qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] is x-data-plane considered "stable" ?

From: Alexandre DERUMIER
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] is x-data-plane considered "stable" ?
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 12:11:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
x-data-plane syntax is deprecated (should be remove in qemu 2.2),

it's using now iothreads

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/279118

 qemu -object iothread,id=iothread0 \
       -drive if=none,id=drive0,file=test.qcow2,format=qcow2 \
       -device virtio-blk-pci,iothread=iothread0,drive=drive0

I don't now about the stability, but here what is working and I have tested:

-live migration
-resizing
-io throttling
-hotplugging

I think block jobs (mirror,backup,...) don't work yet.

it's working with virtio-blk and virtio-scsi support is coming for qemu 2.2

Regards,

alexandre