qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fullscreen Bug with GTK

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fullscreen Bug with GTK
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 11:40:49 +0200

On Mo, 2014-10-06 at 10:14 +0100, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> * Gerd Hoffmann (address@hidden) wrote:
> >   Hi,
> >
> > > There is a bug where the GTK (SDL appears to be broken due to some sdl2
> > > incompatibility, as I understood) menu bar won't hide in fullscreen:
> >
> > SDL-1 support is still there.
>
> Are you recommending building against SDL-1 even when SDL-2 is available?
> (Does that lose you anything?)

There are some rough edges still, I havn't flipped the default to SDL-2
yet in upstream qemu because of that.

So unless you depend on something new only provided by SDL2 (such as
multi-window support) your best bet is building with SDL1 instead.
Unfortunately we can't build both and switch at runtime.

Patches are accepted too ;)

cheers,
  Gerd