qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu drive-mirror to rbd storage : no sparse rbd image

From: Alexandre DERUMIER
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu drive-mirror to rbd storage : no sparse rbd image
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 13:15:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm currently planning to migrate our storage to ceph/rbd through qemu
drive-mirror

and It seem that drive-mirror with rbd block driver, don't create a sparse
image. (all zeros are copied to the target rbd).

Also note, that it's working fine with "qemu-img convert" , the rbd volume is
sparse after conversion.

Could it be related to the "bdrv_co_write_zeroes" missing features in
block/rbd.c ?

(It's available in other block drivers (scsi,gluster,raw-aio) , and I don't
have this problem with theses block drivers).

Regards,

Alexandre Derumier