qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [question] savevm/delvm: Is it neccesary to perform bdr

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [question] savevm/delvm: Is it neccesary to perform bdrv_drain_all before savevm and delvm?
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 15:59:55 +0200

Am 20.10.2014 um 15:48 hat Zhang Haoyu geschrieben:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that bdrv_drain_all is performed in load_vmstate before
> bdrv_snapshot_goto,
> and bdrv_drain_all is performed in qmp_transaction before
> internal_snapshot_prepare,
> so is it also neccesary to perform bdrv_drain_all in savevm and delvm?

Definitely yes for savevm. do_savevm() calls it indirectly via
vm_stop(), so that part looks okay.

delvm doesn't affect the currently running VM, and therefore doesn't
interfere with guest requests that are in flight. So I think that a
bdrv_drain_all() isn't needed there.

Kevin