qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] boot arm fedora via u-boot in qemu

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] boot arm fedora via u-boot in qemu
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 00:16:53 +0200

On Di, 2014-10-21 at 20:11 +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 21 October 2014 19:31, Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Looking them up in System.map finds me:
> >
> > c04eee18 T __loop_delay
> > c0868a28 T panic
> >
> > Ok, so the kernel came successfully though the uncompressing +
> > relocation + enable paging, but paniced before earlyprintk can print
> > something.
> >
> > Guess I'll have to fetch the vmlinux with debug info so I can get a full
> > stack trace and see where it paniced, but not today.
>
> IIRC you should be able to fish the kernel log out of the
> memory buffer where it's currently sitting. I forget what
> the symbol name for that is, though.

Hmm, it says "Ignoring memory range 0x60000000 - 0x80000000".
That looks fishy.

"if (base < phys_offset)" in early_init_dt_add_memory_arch triggers.
Seems __pa() isn't working correctly.

Any chance this can be caused by setting some uboot env var incorrectly?
There is a confusing high number of *_addr_* variables ...

cheers,
  Gerd