qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Better Cortex-M support?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Better Cortex-M support?
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 12:22:32 +0000

On 28 October 2014 10:43, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Do you know if there are any plans to improve the Cortex-M support?
> As it is now, for my needs, I would consider it barely usable.

I don't know of anybody actively working on it. If people
want to contribute patches to improve it I'm happy to review
them, but M profile is unfortunately not something I can
devote much time to myself. We do see a steady trickle of
people complaining that the M profile emulation is not
very good, so it would be nice to see it more actively
maintained upstream.

- Cortex-M3 support, as complete as possible, including
  SysTick and other system peripherals.
- full semihosting support
- full integration with GDB

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "full integration
with GDB", but I think we have most of these at the moment,
they just have bugs in the implementation.

thanks
-- PMM