qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Better Cortex-M support?

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Better Cortex-M support?
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:50:48 +0200

On 28 Oct 2014, at 16:40, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:

> There's no such thing as a "generic Cortex-M3 emulation".
> We model actual hardware (though in this case not a very
> useful set of boards).

at least for now I do not plan to go into emulating actual hardware, I'd like
to first fix the generic cortex-m.

I'll probably make a branch and see if I can bring back -cpu cortex-m3,
otherwise I'll add a virtual cortex-m3 'machine', so I can run my tests.

> I think writes via gdb will be treated in the same way as
> writes by the CPU (ie interpreted as attempts to program
> the flash device). QEMU doesn't support a "debug access"
> abstraction.

ok, I'll think on how to improve this.

regards,

Liviu