qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Memory range addresses involved

From: Shiva
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Memory range addresses involved
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:13:11 -0400

Hello
I am new to qemu development. I wanted to print the corresponding addresses
involved when a memory has been assigned to a virtual machine.
For example, when i invoke the following command
qemu-system-i386 ubuntu.img -m 1G

I need to be able to print the virtual addresses and physical addresses
involved. Like above 1G memory involved:
Guest Virtual    Addr = 0x12345678..to 0x87654321..
Guest Physical Addr = 0x23456781..to 0x74536733..(This is the one that gets
mapped to host virtual memory if my understanding is right).

Note:
Above numbers are just for explanation.

When I looked into the source code of qemu, I see that this size whatever we
are mentioning here is assigned as a part of |ram_addr_t| block. But I am not
able to find as how to proceed to find the offset for this size.Kindly help me
in this regard at the earliest.