qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] using qemu arm bring up 2 cpus on x86, hang up on guest

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] using qemu arm bring up 2 cpus on x86, hang up on guest file system
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:07:05 +0000

On 31 October 2014 03:46, Wangkai (Kevin,C) <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am using qemu-system-arm emulate armv7 with 2 cpus on x86_64 host, when I
> do the command tar -xf xxx.tar or rm -r xxx, after a while,
> Guest system hang up on file system:
>
> When mmc request a block, that cannot receive a request done event, it seems
> request done irq loss.
> After I change the cpu to single core, the problem was solved.
>
> Is there some problem on qemu multi-core emulation?

I forget if we have fixed any bugs on the 32 bit SMP emulation
recently. I suggest trying a current QEMU master build, though,
to see if your problem has been fixed.

Note that emulating more than one guest core is always
going to be slower than a "-smp 1" configuration if you're
not using KVM, though, so often it's better to just use -smp 1
anyway.

-- PMM