qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ui/gtk.c vs old gtk versions

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ui/gtk.c vs old gtk versions
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 14:32:14 +0100

On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 02:11:35PM +0100, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> Am 03.11.2014 um 14:06 hat Cornelia Huck geschrieben:
> > After the latest gtk updates, master fails to build for me on a
> > SLES11SP3 machine:
> >
> > /home/cohuck/git/qemu/ui/gtk.c: In function ‘gd_key_event’:
> > /home/cohuck/git/qemu/ui/gtk.c:943: error: ‘GDK_KEY_Pause’ undeclared
> > (first use in this function)
> > /home/cohuck/git/qemu/ui/gtk.c:943: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
> > reported only once
> > /home/cohuck/git/qemu/ui/gtk.c:943: error: for each function it appears in.)
> >
> > Of course, the gtk version is not the freshest:
> >
> > pkg-config --modversion "gtk+-2.0"
> > 2.18.9
> >
> > On machines with less-ancient gtk (say 2.24) everything builds fine.
> >
> > I don't really care about gtk support on the SLES11 machine (it's s390
> > anyway), but we should probably either fence the pause key support or
> > have configure require a more recent version.
>
> I think I saw the same thing on RHEL 6 (and hacked around it because I
> didn't have time to investigate it).

In older versions of GDK, the constants were lacking the 'KEY_' part,
so it would have just been  GDK_Pause.

In GTK-VNC I worked around this by adding this kind of thing to our
source

  #ifndef GDK_Return
  #define GDK_Return GDK_KEY_Return
  #endif

Since there was a fairly small set of key constants that we needed to
care about.

Regards,
Daniel