qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Better Cortex-M support?

From: Alistair Francis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Better Cortex-M support?
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 22:19:00 +1000

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 10:05 PM, Fabien Chouteau <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 10/28/2014 11:43 AM, Liviu Ionescu wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm currently maintaining the GNU ARM Eclipse plug-ins
>> (http://gnuarmeclipse.livius.net/blog/), and I'm considering, for the
>> mid-term future, adding a new debugging plug-in to run certain tests under
>> un emulator, and the first choice was QEMU.
>>
>> Do you know if there are any plans to improve the Cortex-M support? As it is
>> now, for my needs, I would consider it barely usable.
>>

> I think Francis Alistair [1] is working on STM32 support, search for Netduino
> patches.

That's true, I am working on support for the Netduino 2 (STM32F205),
I'm hoping it will be accepted soon.
I'm not sure if it will help with what you want but you are welcome to
have a look and I will help where I can. The latest patch is available
at: https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-10/msg03059.html
and it has more details

Thanks,

Alistair