qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Starting X remotely

From: Nigel Horne
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Starting X remotely
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 09:25:26 -0500

On 11/10/14 3:03 PM, Brian Jackson wrote:
On Monday, November 10, 2014 09:42:45 AM Nigel Horne wrote:
When I start any emulator remotely (i.e. I've logged into the host
machine using 'ssh -Y'), I get this error and the guest console is
unusable.  All works well when I am logged in directly to the host
machine's console.  I'm following the instructions in the message and
e-mailing you!
I guess the message could be more specific about the kinds of info that are
actually helpful to solve problems.

The full Qemu command line used
I get it with any qemu guest that starts in an X window.  For example:
qemu-system-x86_64 -drive file=kfreebsd-amd64,index=0,media=disk,cache=writeback,aio=native -drive file=/dev/sr0,index=1,media=cdrom -boot c -redir tcp:2232::22 -m 1024 -machine accel=kvm,kernel_irqchip=on -cpu host -net user,hostname=qemu.bandsman.co.uk -net nic,model=e1000 -k en-us
In this case it appears keycode related, so keyboard settings of host, guest,
remote system you are connecting from, etc.
 So to be clear there are 3 machines involved here:

1) the guest
2) the host
3) the machine I've ssh'd in to the host from

I presume it's the keyboard of machine 3 you're talking about. I've had that whatever it is - PC running Linux and MACOS/X with an Apple keyboard all exhibit it.
Machine 2 is a PC running Debian Linux.

The key you pressed (don't say any key, tell us an exact key that reproduces
this)
Any key.
Any other pertinent information
This is with bleading edge.

** (qemu-system-x86_64:6389): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to
accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-PE9NEDvtUV:
Connection refused
unknown keycodes `empty_aliases(qwerty)', please report to
address@hidden
-Nigel