qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] runtime configurable semihosting

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] runtime configurable semihosting
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 23:23:24 +0200

On 13 Nov 2014, at 19:52, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:

> ... I'm not sure how useful "gdb" is as distinct from
> "auto" (what do you do with the semihosting requests if no
> gdb is connected in this case?).

well, I also had some doubts about "gdb", but since I never used this
configuration, I preferred to keep it, mainly for completeness.

I did some tests and apparently nothing wrong happens when setting "gdb" and no
connection is available.

I'm about to prepare the patch, do you suggest to remove this case?

Liviu