qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] runtime configurable semihosting

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] runtime configurable semihosting
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 23:51:48 +0200

On 13 Nov 2014, at 23:38, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 13 November 2014 21:23, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:

> ...I'm confused, I think. I thought 'gdb' was an option you added?

that's correct, but only part of the whole image, in fact I added
"-semihosting-target auto|native|gdb"; however my patch only changes the
destination of the semihosting calls, not the actual behaviour.

> Can you explain what the three options you're proposing do, and
> which of them is the behaviour we have today?

the behaviour is exactly the one you presented, 'auto' is the actual behaviour,
'native' is via qemu, 'gdb' is via... gbd. :-)

---

there were many details that required fixing, hopefully I'll figure out how to
send the patch soon.

regards,

Liviu

p.s. I'm a bit puzzled by your patch submission procedure (the Eclipse CDT team
uses Gerrit, and things are more or less automated), manually preparing patches
and sending them to a mailing list seems quite tedious...