qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] runtime configurable semihosting

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] runtime configurable semihosting
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 00:23:10 +0200

On 14 Nov 2014, at 00:16, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:

> Right, but what does it mean to say 'gdb' that's different from
> 'auto' ?

auto sends either to gdb or qemu, gdb always sends to gdb, native always to
qemu.

> What happens in that case if you don't have a gdb
> attached?

according to my tests, nothing.

but, as I already mentioned, I have no experience with forwarding semihosting
to gdb, and I may be missing the point.

> I use a flow like: ...

thank you, I'm trying to figure out the details (Signed-oof-by, cover letter,
etc)

Liviu