qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to access guest memory from qemu device internal

From: Kaiyuan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to access guest memory from qemu device internal
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 21:25:18 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hello, all

I added a custom device to qemu. This device is attached to sysbus by mmio and
has an address register in which device should access the guest memory the
register point to.
I write a bare-metal program that pass an address like 0x1234ABCD to this
address register. Inside qemu device code I added, if device reads value from
register and directly accesses this value of 0x1234ABCD, it will access host
memory 0x1234ABCD rather than guest  memory 0x1234ABCD.
Does qemu provide some functions that allow device to access guest memory
address?

Thanks,
Kaiyuan Liang