qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] install windows, csm in montherboard turned off

From: jenia.ivlev
Subject: [Qemu-devel] install windows, csm in montherboard turned off
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 18:57:12 -0500

Hello.

I tried to install windows on a qemu img and got this error:

                  Windows boot manager

    Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might
    be the cause. To fix the problem:
        1. Insert windows installation cd and restart you computer
        2.

    Ramdisk device creation failed due to insufficient memory.

This is how I did it (and got the error from above):

    qemu-img create windows 15G
    qemu-system-x86_64 -cdrom ~/Desktop/Windows\ 7\ SP1\ Ultimate\ \(64\
Bit\)/Windows\ 7\ SP1\ Ultimate\ \(64\ Bit\).iso -boot order=d windows

I'm using a UEFI dual boot and in the process of installing my OSs (arch
and windows ) I swtiched off csm. Might that be the problem?

So why am I getting this error? Am I making some error in the way I boot
the windows image? Or maybe it has something to do with me turning off
csm in the motherboard

Thanks in advance.