qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MinGW build

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MinGW build
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 23:38:29 +0200

On 27 Nov 2014, at 23:14, Stefan Weil <address@hidden> wrote:

> Do you really need statically linked executables

actually I don't know, my experience with Windows is limited :-(

on OS X, if I distribute a folder containing an executable and a bunch of
dynamic libraries, the folder where the executable is located is the first
choice for searching the libraries, so I don't have to mess with library
versions in any system library folders.

on Windows I could not make this work. if this is possible, and you have a
procedure to create a setup that does a reasonable job without messing other
things, ok, I don't mind packing an executable and several dynamic libraries,
I'll use it too.

regards,

Liviu