qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MinGW build

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MinGW build
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 12:30:53 +0200

On 28 Nov 2014, at 09:03, Stefan Weil <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is my build script:
> http://qemu.weilnetz.de/results/make-installers-all.

we finally have a functional windows version, installed with a setup, as you
recommended.

the build procedure was fully documented at:

http://gnuarmeclipse.livius.net/wiki/How_to_build_QEMU

(as Windows cross build on Debian)

the build procedure itself is moderately complex, but fixing the prerequisite
details was nightmarish, the official wiki page is schematic, at least.

not to mention the note that only older versions of glib are supported, hidden
somewhere. perhaps an update to newer glib would be useful.

other details worth noting were related to the lack of clear separation between
the host build and the cross build.

the procedure to detect the presence of packages with pkg-config is great, but
is seems not used consistently, for example detecting libz is not done with
pkg-config, but using the compiler, and this required some extra flags to
configure.

to accomodate the details of my windows setup, I also had to add a new
QEMU_NSI_FILE variable to Makefile, so I can redefine it externally.

regards,

Liviu