qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MinGW build

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MinGW build
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 19:42:46 +0100

Am 01.12.2014 um 11:30 schrieb Liviu Ionescu:

> On 28 Nov 2014, at 09:03, Stefan Weil <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> This is my build script:
>> http://qemu.weilnetz.de/results/make-installers-all.
>
> we finally have a functional windows version, installed with a setup, as you
> recommended.
>
> the build procedure was fully documented at:
>
> http://gnuarmeclipse.livius.net/wiki/How_to_build_QEMU
>
> (as Windows cross build on Debian)
>

> the build procedure itself is moderately complex, but fixing the prerequisite
> details was nightmarish, the official wiki page is schematic, at least.
>
> not to mention the note that only older versions of glib are supported,
> hidden somewhere. perhaps an update to newer glib would be useful.
>
> other details worth noting were related to the lack of clear separation
> between the host build and the cross build.
>
> the procedure to detect the presence of packages with pkg-config is great,
> but is seems not used consistently, for example detecting libz is not done
> with pkg-config, but using the compiler, and this required some extra flags
> to configure.
>
> to accomodate the details of my windows setup, I also had to add a new
> QEMU_NSI_FILE variable to Makefile, so I can redefine it externally.
>

> regards,
>
> Liviu

Hi,

thank's for your work on this documention.

Here are some more hints which might help people to get cross
compilation for Windows running. http://qemu.weilnetz.de/debian/
includes some packages which I made from the GTK all-in-one bundles and
also packages for libfdt which I compiled from the sources.

Regards
Stefan