qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Advent Calendar has begun - Day 1

From: Kashyap Chamarthy
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Advent Calendar has begun - Day 1
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 14:25:29 +0100

On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 04:51:58PM +0000, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> Today is the first day of QEMU Advent Calendar 2014, where an
> interesting and fun QEMU disk image is published every day.
>
> http://www.qemu-advent-calendar.org/
>
> I won't spam the mailing list every day but I wanted to let you know
> that from now until Christmas we will publish a daily image for your
> enjoyment.
>
> The first image was contributed by Gerd Hoffmann and showcases an
> amazing Slackware Linux 1.0 distribution with a pre-1.0 Linux kernel
> from 1993!

Nice!

Just a small note: I added the below options to the 'Run' script's QEMU
invocation, so I can get a nice shell right away :-)

    -nographic -nodefconfig -nodefaults

    $ ./Run
    + exec qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 16M -drive
    if=ide,format=qcow2,file=slackware.qcow2 -netdev user,id=slirp -device
        ne2k_isa,netdev=slirp -serial stdio -nographic -nodefconfig
        -nodefaults

    Welcome to Linux 0.99pl12.

    slack login: root
    Linux 0.99pl12. (Posix).