qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Review of monitor commands identifying BDS / BB by name

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Review of monitor commands identifying BDS / BB by name
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 12:13:01 +0100

On 03/12/2014 06:52, Fam Zheng wrote:
>> > * drive-backup
>> >
>> >   @device names a backend.
>> >
>> >   Do we want to be able to back up any node, or only a backend?

If non-backend nodes are read-only, we can just copy them outside QEMU.

>> >   Note: documentation of @target sounds like it could somehow name a
>> >   backend, but as far as I can tell it's always interpreted as file
>> >   name.

I think block-backup should be added that takes a backend for target.
It could also take a node name for the source, letting you copy any node
if you really want to.

>> > * drive-mirror
>> >
>> >   @device names a backend, @replaces names a node, and @node-name
>> >   defines the name of the new node.
>> >
>> >   Do we want to be able to mirror any node, or only a backend?

Same as above.

>> >   Note: documentation of @target sounds like it could somehow name a
>> >   backend, but as far as I can tell it's always interpreted as file
>> >   name.

Again, block-mirror could be added that takes a backend for @target (and
if you want to, a node name for the source).

Paolo