qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Block filter status

From: Farr, Kaitlin M.
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Block filter status
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:32:19 +0000

Hello all,

I would like to inquire about the status of block filters in QEMU. I work for a team at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, and we would be interested in a QEMU encryption feature, such as described in the to-do list [1]. However, it seems the method described relies on block filters, also on the to-do list. Does development work on block filters live in a public branch somewhere? If so, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could point me to it so that I could take a look. Does anyone know of an estimated date for when the block filters might be in state so that one could write an encryption filter? Additionally, does anyone have an estimate for time and amount of effort if might take to implement such an encryption filter? If someone could assist me in planning out what steps need to be taken to support encryption, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kaitlin Farr

Software engineer

JHU/APL