qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Unable to loadvm on qemu-system-ppc -M g3bei

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Unable to loadvm on qemu-system-ppc -M g3beige (keyboard freeze)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:23:14 +0000

On 17 December 2014 at 11:11, Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote:
> Phew - 0.7.0 maybe? If you say that only CUDA is broken, I don't think
> it'd be too hard to fix :). Check that there are VMSTATEs for everything
> and maybe retrigger interrupts after migration.

It shouldn't be necessary to retrigger anything post-migration:
the devices on both ends should both believe the interrupt is
asserted once they've loaded their state.

Given how long it's been since this was known-working, it's
probably easiest just to compare the VMState structs against
the device structs for every device that might be vaguely
relevant, looking for missing fields.

-- PMM