qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu on the Android platform

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu on the Android platform
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 17:32:24 +0100

Hi,

Am 18.12.2014 um 15:20 schrieb Apps Embedded:
> We would like to know if one is able to compile and run the qemu
> binaries on the Android platform, would it be possible to create an app
[...]
> - from a licence point of view (The whole app would be under the GPL v3
> licence and source code of the app would be freely downloadable) ?

QEMU is not compatible with GPLv3 today, the Wiki has a list of files
that are incompatible.

Some people have succeeded to build QEMU for Android, but this is not
being build-tested by maintainers. If something doesn't work, please
report it and post patches.

Regards,
Andreas

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)