qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Gives user ability to select endian format for video di

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Gives user ability to select endian format for video display - fixes Mac OS X guest color issue.
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 09:47:38 +0000

On 6 January 2015 at 00:22, Programmingkid <address@hidden> wrote:
> http://virtuallyfun.superglobalmegacorp.com/?p=3197
> This is how Mac OS X looks like in QEMU with a Mac OS X host. The colors are
> all wrong.

Right, so that says there is a bug somewhere. But this patch isn't
fixing a bug, it's adding a command line switch.

> Your option 1. QEMU does not emulate any video card that shipped
> with a Mac. So we can't use this option.

We *must* be emulating a video card, otherwise we would not be
displaying anything!

> Option 2. I don't know what you mean by asking the host's GUI
> about it. I do know that having the user choosing the right
> option does work.

Yes, but it's basically making the user manually toggle a
setting which we should be getting right ourselves. We
should find out what QEMU's actually not doing correctly
and fix that.

thanks
-- PMM