qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 09/10] monitor: add query-vnc2 command

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 09/10] monitor: add query-vnc2 command
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 11:36:36 +0100

> > Add new query vnc qmp command, for the lack of better ideas just name it
> > "query-vnc2".  Changes over query-vnc:

> Call it query-vnc-servers?

Fine with me, done.

> Maybe just VncPrimaryAuth, since there's precedence for abbreviating
> authentication that way.

Done.

> >  ##
> > +# @query-vnc2:
> > +#
> > +# Returns a list of vnc servers.  The list can be empty.
> > +#
> > +# Returns: @VncInfo
>
> Returns: a list of @VncInfo2

Yep.

While being at it and as we've dropped the '2' from the command name:
Suggestions for a better struct name?

Note there already is a VncServerInfo struct, so going for something
like VncServersInfo looks like a bad idea ...

> > +    case VNC_AUTH_SASL:
> > +        info->auth = VNC_PRI_AUTH_SASL;
> > +        break;
> > +    case VNC_AUTH_NONE:
> > +    default:
> > +        info->auth = VNC_PRI_AUTH_NONE;
> > +        break;
> > +    }
>
> T-e-d-i-o-u-s :)
>
> What about mapping vnc.h's authenticaton modes to the QAPI enumeration
> constants with tables rather than switches?  Your choice.

Did it this way due to the numbers being sparse.

cheers,
  Gerd