qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Custom machine configuration for QEMU

From: Radha Krishna Srimanthula
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Custom machine configuration for QEMU
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 14:20:15 +0000

On Tue Jan 06 2015 at 19:30:02 Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
On 6 January 2015 at 11:26, Radha Krishna Srimanthula
<srimanthula.radhakrishna@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a board that has a multicore processor - an ARM9 core and a R4 core
> - and a few peripherals around. We run embedded linux on the ARM9 core and a
> realtime OS on the R4 core with a custom protocol providing for the
> communication between then.
>
> Can I emulate this setup using QEMU? Specifically, does QEMU support this
> asymmetric processor configuration?

The short answer is "no". At the moment we can only handle emulating
a single symmetric CPU cluster, I'm afraid.

-- PMM

Thanks Peter!

If it was a symmetric CPU cluster, how do I go about creating a machine configuration? Any pointers please?

Regards,
Radha.