qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Gives user ability to select endian format for video di

From: Programmingkid
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Gives user ability to select endian format for video display - fixes Mac OS X guest color issue.
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 09:46:28 -0500

On Jan 6, 2015, at 5:04 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:

> On 6 January 2015 at 09:47, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Yes, but it's basically making the user manually toggle a
>> setting which we should be getting right ourselves. We
>> should find out what QEMU's actually not doing correctly
>> and fix that.
>
> First step to find out what's happening: which of the
> following combinations give the messed up colours?
>
> * OSX host, Linux guest   [no, at least for me]
> * OSX host, OSX guest     [yes]
> * Linux host, Linux guest [no]
> * Linux host, OSX guest   ???
Linux host, OSX guest [no] .
Mac OS X is the only operating system I know that has this problem. I am
betting this is a bug with Mac OS X, not QEMU.

> Secondly, are we talking about specifically x86 OSX host,
> or both x86 and PPC OSX host, or just PPC OSX host?
> And is the OSX guest x86, ppc or both?

I am pretty sure only PowerPC and x86 OS X host have this problem. The OS X
guest is PowerPC. I have not tried the x86 version yet.

http://virtuallyfun.superglobalmegacorp.com/?p=267
This post and picture suggest that Mac OS X x86 as a guest does not have this
problem.