qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/8] pc: resizeable ROM blocks

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/8] pc: resizeable ROM blocks
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 14:37:54 +0200

On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 11:52:40AM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Maybe it's too optimistic.  That's why I'm saying do not trim the tables
> for a couple releases more.

I think it is too optimistic, and not trimming the tables does not
solve it convincingly enough to my taste.

> If you have a bug, you're changing guest ABI.

That's not how we designed it. ACPI tables are just generated firmware.
They are *not* ABI.

> We're focusing on
> migration, but it is just the tip of the iceberg.

In fact, I think that's the only issue.
Snapshoting firmware at each release is not something
we can support.

--
MST