qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Press Inquiry: Qemu Advent Calendar (German Linux Magaz

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Press Inquiry: Qemu Advent Calendar (German Linux Magazin)
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 10:12:05 +0000

On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 11:20:14PM +0100, Tim Schürmann wrote:
> I'm responsible for the content of the DVD that is shipped with each printed
> issue of the german Linux Magazin.
>
> I would like to ask, if we could use the Qemu images/virtual machines from
> your Qemu Advent Calendar 2014 (well at least the ones with
> Open-Source-Software :)).

Hi,
Sure, they are freely redistributable and you are welcome to do that.

The http://qemu-advent-calendar.org/ website has credits for each disk
image showing who created the image.  For example, "Disk image prepared
by Alexander Graf, game by Jochen Voss".  Please include the credits.

In order to comply with the license on GPL images you will need to offer
the source code (see links on http://qemu-advent-calendar.org/ for each
image).

The shareware DOS games are freely redistributable so you can publish
that image too.

The Zork UEFI image requires internet access because the Zork game
binary is *not* freely redistributable.  When you run the image it
prompts the user to download the Zork binary since we are not allowed to
distribute it ourselves.

I'm CCing Matthew Hungerford at Pebble to confirm that the Pebble
Smartwatch image can also be distributed.

Stefan