qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question and probable bug in qemu spice's parameters

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question and probable bug in qemu spice's parameters
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 12:23:13 +0100

On Fr, 2015-01-09 at 11:30 +0100, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> In qemu docs seems that spice streaming video is default to "filter" but
> after this patch seems default to "off" without updating qemu-options.hx
> file:
> http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commitdiff;h=f1d3e586f069e17f83b669842bc02d60d509daca
> What is the correct default actually?

It should be filter, but the filter heuristics actually has trouble
distinguishing real videos from gnome desktop, resulting in bad display
quality.  Switching to "off" was meant to be a temporary stopgap for
that.

Anyone can comment what is the state here?  Became the heuristic better
meanwhile, so we can flip it back to filter?  Otherwise we should
probably fixup the docs to match reality ...

> If I specify spice image compression, qemu doesn't start and gives me
> this error:
> spice: invalid stream video control: (null)

Hmm, can't reproduce.
What is the exact command line leading to this error?

cheers,
  Gerd