qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu is freezing in rebooting after CPU hot-unplug.

From: Paulo Vital
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu is freezing in rebooting after CPU hot-unplug.
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 15:14:34 +0100

Hi

I'm doing some tests on CPU hot-unplug using as base the mentioned patch set in [1] and I'm facing some problems while executing a reboot (via 'shutdown -r now' command in guest's command line or QMP system_reset command) after unplug one CPU. After execute (2 times) the loop related to reset the system on main_loop_should_exit(), looks like qemu continues executing the main_loop() but the system, itself, freezes!

If I request to reboot using the guest command line (shutdown -r now), the guest runs the normal OS reset processes but doesn't restart. If I request by QMP command, I qemu executes all reset process but the guest didn't run the OS guest process.

I'd like to know where I can debug during the reset process. By what I could debug, the flow looks normal, but I guess something is missing :-D

[1] https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-08/msg00072.html

Thanks in advance.
---
Paulo Vital