qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] state of micro-checkpointing in qemu

From: guillaume LE LOUËT
Subject: [Qemu-devel] state of micro-checkpointing in qemu
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 17:18:41 +0100

Hello.

Mr Hines implemented a version of micro-checkpointing (MC), known as High-Availability(HA) in VMWare.

The implementation is in the mc branch of the git repo http://github.com/hinesmr/qemu.git, described at http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/MicroCheckpointing

My question is : will qemu support this feature ? I assume no, because there has been no activity on this topic for months now.
Could someone tell me why or lead me to an explaination ?

I compiled it (after an error because libnl change some public methods), and it seems to work to me, though not when the connection is lost due to hardware (we have to close the application, not to crash it : ctrl-z will not make the VM migrate)

Regards, Guillaume.