qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio_tswaps() vs virtio_ld/st_p()

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio_tswaps() vs virtio_ld/st_p()
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 12:53:12 +0000

On 19 January 2015 at 12:49, Greg Kurz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Heh, not sure I would have provided such a comprehensive answer. :)

...so now I have a question: what semantics does virtio expect
for its virtio_ld*/st*_phys accessors if QEMU is emulating a
CPU with virtualization support? Is the assumption just that
the guest that's using virtio has a 1:1 mapping of what it
thinks are physical addresses to real guest physical addresses?

(ie you couldn't have a virtio device that you passed through
to a hypervisor guest, because what the guest thinks are
physical addresses are really just intermediate physical
addresses in that configuration).

-- PMM