qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Running read-only internal snapshot (loadvm)

From: Jarkko Turkulainen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Running read-only internal snapshot (loadvm)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 13:53:15 +0200

Hello,

Is it possible to do -loadvm with a read-only image? What I'm trying to do is running already booted OS but discarding all the changes. So basically, I'd like to combine -loadvm and -snapshot. The image needs to be read-only because there are multiple simultaneous instances running. As a workaround, I've been doing the -loadvm on a temporary copy of the image, but that is not really effective, it takes time (or memory) to copy the image around.