qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] makefile help: giving QEMU an icon

From: Programmingkid
Subject: [Qemu-devel] makefile help: giving QEMU an icon
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 15:48:31 -0500

I'm trying to make QEMU have an icon instead of the standard gray box icon it is given on Mac OS X. I figured out where to put the code in the makefile, but this location isn't useful. git is trained not to use it. The location is ./ppc-softmmu/makefile. My question is where do I put my icon setting code?

It currently works in ./ppc-softmmu/makefile after this line: all: $(PROGS) stap

all: $(PROGS) stap

# Set the icon for QEMU on Macintosh
ifdef CONFIG_DARWIN
# Take an image and make the image its own icon:
sips -i ../pc-bios/qemu-nsis.ico

# Extract the icon to its own resource file:
DeRez -only icns ../pc-bios/qemu-nsis.ico > tmpicns.rsrc

# append this resource to the file you want to icon-ize.
Rez -append tmpicns.rsrc -o $(QEMU_PROG)

# Use the resource to set the icon.
SetFile -a C $(QEMU_PROG)

# clean up.
rm tmpicns.rsrc
endif

What I'm trying to do is have all targets receive the icon. For now I am trying the code out on the PowerPC target. Any hints would be appreciated.