qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Fwd: Fwd: [Qemu-discuss] wrong command on snapshot wiki

From: vrms
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Fwd: [Qemu-discuss] wrong command on snapshot wiki
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 07:17:43 +0800

I am not 100% sure whether this is the right place to raise this issue. Maybe you can forward this to right person

I have the feeling this wikipage >>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/CreateSnapshot  is wrong. I think the decription and the posted command for creating snapshots [
qemu-img create -f qcow2 -b centos-cleaninstall.img snapshot.img] is actually describing copy-on-write (or overlay) images. And I think this is not the same thing

As far as I know such a command would creat a copy-on-write image and not a snapshot. On the german debianforum.de I got another suggestion to vreate snaptshots which I have not tested yet, but sounds more likely to be correct to me

    qemu-img snapshot -c [snapshot_name] [base_name]