qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/9] tricore patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/9] tricore patches
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:23:37 +0000

On 27 January 2015 at 11:45, Bastian Koppelmann
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Sure thing. With this many clang warning, I think I should also build with
> clang on my machine too.

You don't have to (though of course you can if you like): I
build pull requests with a pretty wide set of target configs
which I don't expect every submaintainer to have convenient
access to. (I don't even run my own pull requests through the
full set of config builds before sending them :-))

I recommend configuring with '--cc=clang' '--cxx=clang++'
'--extra-cflags=-fsanitize=undefined'

(and do use separate build directories so it doesn't get
mixed up with the gcc build objects). The undefined
sanitizer will print warnings at runtime about things that
are undefined behaviour in C, so it's worth exercising your
code under that build occasionally to see what falls out.

-- PMM